ODESSA -- A house fire this morning killed an elderly couples' pets and destroyed their home.
The fire started about 8:30 Tuesday morning on Dawn Avenue.
The couple who lived inside was able to make it out safely but their pets were not.
Fire officials say the home is destroyed.
The home owner believes old electrical wire may be to blame.
Fire officials say the flames fist started in the garage and spread to the home.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.